Friday, September 30, 2011

September 2011

I don't think I can express my intense love of autumn.  It's our favorite season, and Iowa City has not failed to please us, especially after that summer!  The leaves have started changing and the air is cooler and it is just so wonderfully glorious.  I just can't get enough.  We've heard that once all the leaves change that they fall off really fast, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

On September 10th, I ran my second half marathon ever with my running buddy Tawnya, and her brother. Unfortunately, I was sick for this one too.  What luck, huh?  I still managed to run the thing and had a pretty darn good pace for most of it, until the last three miles where I practically died.  I was sick to my stomach the rest of the day, but I finished without walking!  I was bummed with being sick, but I'm still running; it hasn't ruined me for life.  Jas was a great support and took good care of me.  Unfortunately, I got him sick too and we were both pretty miserable for about a week.  But we're much better now!




Also, to celebrate Jason passing his test, we bought him a guitar!  Let's just say that he is in love, second to me, of course.  I have to remind myself of that sometimes, but it so fun to watch him play and sing.  He's learned some fun songs that we'll be singing together soon.




Last, but not least, my spice rack finally has a home on the wall!  I've had this thing, and been using it for a year or two now, but never had it hung.  With Jason's help, it is hung in our kitchen and I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment