Friday, September 30, 2011

July 2011


This month was the most humid month I have ever experienced in my life.  Marseilles was pretty humid when I was there a few summers ago, but it was not like Iowa.  I'm sure the heat wave had something to do with it, but my goodness, I'm an Arizona girl that's for sure.  Bring on the dry heat!

Aside from that, Jason and I had a good month.  We survived youth conference, my job, Jason's studying and the weather.  We also finally made it to the Bike Library in downtown Iowa City and both of us were able to rent bikes!  We got there at about 7:45 am one Saturday morning (the only day they rent and it is first come first serve) and we were the 2nd and 3rd people in line.  We met and talked to Linda (a student from China) while we waited for 10:00 to roll around.  Luckily, there was an awning in front of the store as well to shield us from the rain.  It was a great experience, and now we can bike ride all we want!  We paid down payments on each bike and if we return the bikes in 6 months, we get the money back.  If not, the bikes are ours to keep and the money is their's to keep.  Road bikes are great fun.  Now I know why all those people were passing me in that triathlon when I was on a mountain bike!



No comments:

Post a Comment